KU 미디어

교내 건대신문,학원방송국,영자신문에서 발행하는 다양한 콘텐츠를 열람할 수 있는 게시판입니다.
본 게시판에 올라오는 모든 게시글에 대해 무단 복제 및 전제를 금합니다.

ㄴㅇㅇ.jpg

1. Please introduce Holt.

Holt started after the Korean Conflict in 1955, trying to find children who had lost their parents homes. The founder Harry Holt not only supported Korean orphans through his whole life but adopted eight of them. When people think of Holt, they tend to only think of adoption. However, we do various works such as helping foster mothers, running adoption camps and programs to  help adoptees learn about their mother land culture. Moreover, we focus on helping single parent families. Single moms suffer from unplanned pregnancies. We support them by offering medical care and help them finish their education. There is more. There are so many services we offer that it is hard to explain all. We help the disabled find jobs and run a show choir, a wheelchair basketball team, and a special school for them. We also run a child protective service center and a multicultural service center.

2. Holt is very famous for adoption. Is it the biggest organization in Korea?

We can say that. We arrange 30 percent of the whole adoptions in Korea.

3. After the adoption process, do you get to hear from the adopted kids?

There are some parents who send their kid’s pictures to the foster  mothers. There  was a time when  the  adoption family visited Korea and spent time with their foster mothers to experience Korean culture.

4. What businesses is Holt focusing on right now?

We started to focus more on preventing child abuse and helping single mothers. We made a “kangaroo store”  which hires single moms as workers and we pay    them through the profit. There are three stores in Korea including Seoul, Suwon, and Incheon. This June was our first anniversary and the business is planned to expand. Not only this but with the sponsorship from companies, we also provide rescue kits which include diapers and offer financially considerations to single moms of 200,000 won a month.

5. I heard that there are many honorary ambassadors for Holt. Is there anyone we might have heard of?

There are many celebrities who are honorary ambassadors for Holt such as the couple Jung Hye-young and Sean, and Singer Alex, Baek Ji-young, and so on. Moreover, apart from an honorary ambassador, Holt received a lot of spotlight from being on the program “Infinite Challenge.”

ㄴㅇ.jpg

6. Is there any volunteering that university students can participate in?

I especially recommend college students volunteer as Holt overseas volunteers. All the costs are free including the air fare. What is special about this is that the students make the programs by themselves and get to think of how to help the kids. This year, 12 students are going to Cambodia for 11 days.

All the volunteering is notified on our webpage so be sure to check it often if you are interested. Students can help support the administration, share their talents, or help sort the goods at the Kangaroo store. For those who are skilled at English, there are many volunteering related to a program called “Say Hi.” In this program, volunteers interpret, translate, and invite the adoptee to their homes. Foreigners can also help volunteer in the program. There  is also volunteering for the disabled as well.

7. Are there special specifications for people who want to work for Holt?

I think that people who can act more than just say words are right for the job. Anyone can talk but not a lot  of people can put their words into action.

We can divide the department into two parts as a whole- counselors and office workers. The counselors who directly deal with the clients must have a social worker license. For the office workers, it can be given preferential treatments. For the official workers who do not need a special license, there are many different kinds of majors such as Economics, Business Administration, and Mass Communication. The manager in the media relations team is a Philosophy major from KU.

8. When do you feel content working?

I feel content working here when I see people who become happy due to adoption and hear things such as “Our lives became more fulfilled due to adoption.” Moreover, I feel rewarded when I see sick babies become healthy due to our help. Since I work in the media relations team, I also feel proud when more people get to know and have interest in Holt. I feel very happy working here. Since all the people working here fundamentally have minds to want to help others, we all thoughtfully considerate other people’s feelings first. 

ㅇ.jpg

댓글16

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수 추천 수
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
/ 11
/ 11