KU 미디어

교내 건대신문,학원방송국,영자신문에서 발행하는 다양한 콘텐츠를 열람할 수 있는 게시판입니다.
본 게시판에 올라오는 모든 게시글에 대해 무단 복제 및 전제를 금합니다.

Mystery #1 TRUE
*This article contains some fictional content.*
Konkuk University (KU) is known for its enormous size of campus in Gwangjin-gu, Seoul. However, there is a rumor that another KU campus is located in Busan. It is not the branch school, KU Glocal Campus in Chungju. It is rather a concept of KU split in to half, one in Seoul and the other in Busan. However, many KU students say that they have never heard of the Busan campus. Then is this really a false rumor? At that moment, a mysterious old diary was sent to the Student Union Building’s room 506.
1951/X/X Dear Diary,
To flee away from the brutal war, my family and I joined the refuge way to Busan. In Busan, there was a “Wartime United University” which combined various universities for student refugees. However, I entered the “College of Political Science”, an independently managed temporary school building that began classes separately. Considering the poor environment of wartime, we stayed in a temporary elementary school made from a shack…
According to the KU Museum, the “College of Political Science” above was actually KU's changed name in 1949 and they really did arrange an independent temporary school in Busan, Seodaesin-dong, during the Korean War in 1951. However, after the Ceasefire Agreement was signed on July 27th, 1953, they left the Interim College in Busan and came up to Seoul. The college eventually grew into a full-fledged university in 1959 bearing the new name “Konkuk University”, which opened at a new site in Jangan-dong, Seoul (Now it changed to Hwayang-dong and it is currently the Seoul Campus of KU).
Therefore, it turns out to be “True” that another KU campus existed in Busan during the 6.25 Korean War. However, it is a shame that students, who have not heard about Busan Campus before, could have known the truth if they visited KU Museum. It seems that KU students are short of historical consciousness about our school. Why not visit KU Museum and take an opportunity to know KU better?

Mystery #2 TRUE
Here in KU, there is a class called “Women’s Studies” that promotes the merits of co-education. A very long time ago, there was a rumor that if two students become a couple in class, they could receive an A+ from the professor. Let us find out more about this rumor through the KUNG class review comments.
Comment: If you guys prove to be a couple in “Women’s Studies”, you could get A+ grade. Reply: Except the professor do not accept students who were already a couple.
The romance has to begin inside the classroom. Reply: I heard that there is some kind of verification like kissing. Reply: Whatever! Anyone just date me!
However, some said that nothing happens in reality, even if some students became a couple. In order to figure out the truth of this rumor, we interviewed the main character of this rumor, the professor of “Women’s Studies”. Let us introduce Professor Lee In-suk, a lovely woman who likes to wink when your eyes meet.
Q: Is it true that you give an A+ when your class students become a couple?
A: Yes, it started very long time ago but it happened very rarely. There were two or three couples before who really fell in love in my class. One couple was a girl from Humanities College and boy from Animal Bioscience College. I especially remember them because they studied hard and dated passionately at the same time. Eventually, they both got an A+.
Q: How do you verify the situation?
A: First, I can figure it out through years of experience, whether they started fresh love through this class or have been flirting before. Moreover, I take “Process and procedure” very seriously. Once I had these Physical Education Department students who never showed any process of flirting and just came up to me suddenly at the end of the semester. It was obvious that they were just asking for A+ so I did not accept them. Especially when I ask them questions like “What made you attracted to her/him?”, I can distinguish honest students from those improvising.
Q: What drove you to start this event and what is the purpose?
A: Actually, during the week three class, the main topic is called “Sex and Love”. Students learn about what love is, how to date, and what is the desirable standard of love. Although the 20s is the age when people cannot avoid experiencing trials and errors, I just hope many students do not get hurt by love and learn how to break up wisely. Moreover, I wanted to tell the students to date as many people as possible because this is the perfect time in their life and they should not miss the flowers to bloom. To do so, students must look at the people around them and open their hearts to let someone inside. However, there are still people who misunderstand the purpose so when the class of “Sex and Love” begins, I clearly explain why I started this event but never force the students to become a couple.
Q: Any last thing to say?
A: It is true that the rumor got a little exaggerated but if another real couple comes out in my class… Why not give them A+? I will keep my promise. To give a tip, we assign seats in this class so try sitting next to someone you are interested in to.
Mystery #3 FALSE
Recently, ducks living at Sejong University (SJU) Campus are at risk of losing their homes. Construction has begun right beside the pond where the ducks live and some pollution was inevitable. However, nothing was done by SJU because they have announced that they have no responsibility for ducks that are just naturally born there.
Similar to SJU, we have numerous ducks, geese, and pigeons that live around KU Ilgamho Lake. Their presence cannot be ignored so students make jokes like “I am confused whether KU symbol is a bull or ducks.” They seem to be left in peace but there are some rumors that the College of Veterinary Medicine supervises them. Thus, The Konkuk Bulletin planned to investigate whether the rumors are true and who is actually in charge of the ducks.
First, we contacted the student union of the Department of Veterinary Medicine and asked about the rumor. As expected, the College of Veterinary Medicine replied that the rumors of them taking care of animals in KU was irrelevant. Nonetheless, we did not lose hope and contacted the School Office of Facilities (Facilities Maintenance) to find out if they know the ducks are being supervised.
According to an additional investigation with KT Security, it turned out to be a false report again. However, KT Security concluded by saying that although the main purpose of the CCTV is for students’ safety or preventing crime but they can find out when the ducks are in danger.
Unfortunately, only this case has been proven to be “False”. We hope that KU arranges some kind of preventive measures for the ducks to keep them safe around Ilgamho Lake.

#Tipbox
Few days later, a sniper-person from the Department of Veterinary Medicine posted on Facebook saying that asking Veterinary Medicine student to take care the ducks is the same as asking Computer Science & Engineering student to repair computers, or Chemical Engineering to make soju. The Konkuk Bulletin sincerely apologize for asking such questions.

댓글21

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수 추천 수
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 83 Next
/ 83
/ 83