KU 미디어

교내 건대신문,학원방송국,영자신문에서 발행하는 다양한 콘텐츠를 열람할 수 있는 게시판입니다.
본 게시판에 올라오는 모든 게시글에 대해 무단 복제 및 전제를 금합니다.

불레틴 281호-4.jpg

1. Please tell us about Dotween.
Dotween is a brand which receives messages from customers and inscribes them on products by converting to braille. We redefined braille not only as the language for blind people but also a heartfelt language, so it can be approached by the non-disabled. Ultimately, our purpose is eliminating prejudices about the blind. Thus, we started this brand to convey information and knowledge about blind people more naturally.
2. It is hard to establish a business as a university student. How did you have the motives to attempt it?
My partner has thought about the issue of the blind since he was a high school student. After much consideration, he concluded that making a brand is the most effective way to alert people to this issue.
3. Why did you utilize crowd-funding1 when you started a business?
We thought that we could introduce this brand and reach the masses easily by using crowd-funding. Furthermore, we needed to gain sympathy and energy from many people. To satisfy our needs, the platform of crowd-funding was a good fit for us. Thanks to these thoughts, we started this way and raised capital successfully.
4. Why do you pursue the concept of inscribing braille in leather?
Braille is the language which is felt and touched by hand. Moreover, leather has a warm sensitivity and it ages nicely when it is touched. We thought combining these materials can make a synergy and let the disabled and the non-disabled go through the same experience. Therefore, we made designs reflecting these traits.
5. In another interview, you said that braille becomes a secret code because of a method that inscribes messages. Why did you think this way?
Braille consists only of six dots. However, it has different meanings according to the combination. Nowadays, many people hesitate to express gratitude and love, so they do not write letters. Thus, we set up to deliver secret messages and decided to use this way, as hoping they would convey and express their mind through this system.
6. What is the most memorable message for you?
Some messages come to mind. Among other messages, “My father is my hero” is the most impressive to me. My customer presented the wallet inscribed with this message on Parents’ Day. I imagined her father’s look as he was moved by her gift and I was proud of my job. In addition, people often inscribe messages for themselves to encourage when they are tired or going through various hardships.
7. I heard you have a plan to extend your business abroad. How will you carry forward the business?
We received a lot of feedbacks to expand overseas because leather’s merits were appreciated in many countries. Moreover, issues about the blind are worldwide problems. For these reasons, we thought collaboration with other nations can help to achieve our ultimate purpose. Furthermore, our acquaintances introduced interested people from the United States and France and a Frenchman made a connection to intern at our company. Based on this, we sent and received e-mails to suggest collaboration and I am going to go on a business trip to have meeting with the people.
8. Do you have any plans to publish a publication?
We planned to cooperate with the project to communicate stories about the blind. We collaborated with “Our eyes”, an organization to support art training for visually handicapped children. The message of the book is that being blind is just a characteristic, not a flaw. We hope readers take a broader view and think more about the issues.
9. Among many methods, why did you use design to solve misconceptions about the blind?
To approach these issues, making something attractive and interesting will raise people’s awareness. Thus, we felt that design acts as a bridge for more people to experience and access the issues.
10. Activities such as Dotween are small. Why did you decide to promote these activities?
I debated with my partners about the reason why the rights of minorities are infringed and injustice is formed. As a result, we concluded that people did not get enough information or their awareness was wrong. The gap between the blind and the non-blind comes out from these factors. Therefore, we thought that some small attention and a little information can make everyone live in a fair society. Big campaigns that are led by large organizations are good, of course. However, one individual’s correct attitude helps more people work in this environment. This is a small step now, but we believe that it can grow like the butterfly effect, so we can convey our goals entirely to people.
11. Do you have any messages to tell to KU’s students?
I hope that students live their life worthily, not just seeing your goal blindly. Lowering your tempo and considering what is valuable in life and your interests must be good for you. Moreover, one simple experience can become your good stepping stone. Therefore, I recommend you to have many experiences and do your best!

불sd레틴 281호-4.jpg

s.jpg

댓글16

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수 추천 수
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 Next
/ 83
/ 83